The inspiration for this pasta came from a TikTok and apparently the inspiration for that TikTok came from a show that featured Stanley Tucci having a similar pasta in Italy? Or something.
Anyway, as always my version is vegan and attempts to be less work. I also used several suggestions from the video comments and what was in my heart.
The original called for a process of frying zucchini slices in oil in batches, but who has time for that! I just roasted them. I’m sure the fried version tasted even better, but my version was tasty!
- 2 small or one large zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 6 T olive oil
- red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to taste
- juice of one lemon
- Vegan parmesan cheese (I used Violife)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Place zucchini on a baking pan and add 2 T olive oil, salt, pepper
- Bake until crispy
- Cook pasta
- In a skillet, saute the rest of the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, along with 1 or 2 ladles of pasta water
- Add juice of 1 lemon and toss together
- Add zucchini and sprinkle with fresh basil and grated parmesan