This was super quick and delicious and was inspired by having (seemingly) no ingredients on hand. So modify away based on the lack of ingredients you have on hand.
- Box of couscous
- Bag of frozen butternut squash (you could cook your own, of course)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 c vegetable broth (I actually used water and bullion)
- 1 tsp onion powder (I was out of onions; a real sauteed, diced onion would be better)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (real garlic cloves also likely better)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Spices to taste: turmeric, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, pepper
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1/3 c slivered almonds
I cooked the couscous (5 minutes!) and then basically added everything other than the almonds to a pot and let everything simmer for about 30 minutes. I toasted the almonds and then served the stew over the couscous and topped it with almonds.