We put this together with the vegetables we had on hand. It would be great with all kinds of variations like zucchini, mushrooms, or broccoli.
- box thin spaghetti
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 hot cherry peppers, julienned
- 2 sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- balsamic vinegar
- Prepare spaghetti
- Saute asparagus, onions, and peppers (use a little water or veggie broth if needed) until slightly caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- Add spices.
- Add garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and let simmer for a few additional minutes.
- Toss vegetables with pasta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.