I saw a video of someone making a sandwich with a soft cheese and grilled tomatoes and I thought I would try something similar with this Treeline vegan soft herb and garlic cheese I had. It was delicious.
This is for one sandwich, but it would make more sense to make more than this. The kind of bread likely makes a differencee.
Here’s what I did:
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet
- Saute 1/4 chopped onion + 1/4 squash
- Add 1 clove minced garlic
- Slice a tomato and add slices to skillet
- Add two pieces of bread to skillet
- Add cheese spread to one side of the bread and avocado to the other side
- Add fresh spinach or lettuce
- Add tomatoes, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar
- Add onion/squash and attempt to close the sandwich (I gave up and ate it with a fork)